Overflow Queue in Outbound Agent-Based Campaigns

Answered Question
Sep 22nd, 2010
User Badges:

Hi everyone.

I've been given a requirement to have a blended outbound campaign overflow to a queue in predictive or progressive mode.  This would happen if an agent is dialing 4 lines at once, and two callers pick up.  Rather than dropping the second caller, they should be routed to a queue until a blended agent is routed the call.

I've been told that an IVR-based campaign can accomplish this, but I don't have enough ports in CVP to be able to Send to VRU for each one.  Therefore, I'm wondering if there is a way to do this using Agent-Based campaigns and only transfer to the VRU for queuing treatment when necessary. 

The closest thing that I have been able to find is within the skill group configuration for a campaign, there is a field that says "Route points for transferring to an IVR" and one of the options is "When no agents are available."  Would plugging in a directory number for a route point work there, or is this field not what it sounds like and totally off-base for what I'm trying to accomplish? 

Thanks!!

Correct Answer by david.macias about 6 years 7 months ago

One thing to note, is your CVP port count, if by any chance you get a lot of people answering your calls and you're dialing 4 calls at once, you will get 3 calls go to the IVR and might run out of CVP ports very quickly.

david

Correct Answer by Nathan Luk about 6 years 7 months ago

You're right on the money there James. Configure a number under the "When no agents are available" section as you mentioned, then configure a CTI route point in CUCM, associate it with the pg user, create the Dialed Number for it in UCCE and then go abouts setting it up as a normal inbound type call flow (remember to translation route) etc.

Cheers,

Nathan

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Nathan Luk Wed, 09/22/2010 - 22:58
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

You're right on the money there James. Configure a number under the "When no agents are available" section as you mentioned, then configure a CTI route point in CUCM, associate it with the pg user, create the Dialed Number for it in UCCE and then go abouts setting it up as a normal inbound type call flow (remember to translation route) etc.

Cheers,

Nathan

Correct Answer
david.macias Thu, 09/23/2010 - 04:19
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

One thing to note, is your CVP port count, if by any chance you get a lot of people answering your calls and you're dialing 4 calls at once, you will get 3 calls go to the IVR and might run out of CVP ports very quickly.

david

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content