3750 Bandwidth Limit - what Tc does this use??

Unanswered Question
Sep 22nd, 2010

I'm wondering why no-one uses switches for speed step downs in any QOS designs I've seen, it's always routers.

The reason that I ask is that I am looking to implement this using a 3750, I will need to reduce a 1G link to 600M, for a VOIP implementation, however as the QOS SRND states, the Tc should be 20ms, to accommodate the bursty nature of high-definition video on the network..

However I've searched high and low and can't find any info on this - can anyone shed any light on the Tc that the follwoing command would use, or why it would/would not be suitable?

Bandwidth Limit Configuration:

In order to limit maximum output on a port, configure the srr-queue           bandwidth limit interface configuration command. If you configure this command           to 80 percent, the port is idle 20 percent of the time. The line rate drops to           80 percent of the connected speed. These values are not exact because the           hardware adjusts the line rate in increments of six. This command is not           available on a 10-Gigabit Ethernet interface.

srr-queue bandwidth limit weight1

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion