Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N stops responding between two buildings

accuitdept
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Shepner,

Let me know if you figure it out.  I have 2 of these in a Bridge between 2 buildings.  Cisco support

replaced them with 2 BRAND NEW units after 6 weeks of waiting, that do the same thing.  Spent

so many hours on these turds it is insane. the thing goes down with the wind, tinker with it and maybe

you will be up for a few hours or days then back to down again.  Thinking it has something to do with

the firmware or a power saving thing.  Works great when it is up though.  I am still trying stuff to get it

to work stable. To much money invested in them now to start from scratch but they wanted budget

equipment in place and not Cisco Aironet.

3 Replies 3

wye_keong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi accuitdept ,

Dont bother trying. I've bought 4 units of this and spent 2 months configuring them. From running 1 unit to 4 units concurrently, with all settings and even run it together with the older WAP54G (with latest firmware) the outcome is still the same.

Once you power cycle it, it would work great for about 4 hours and it will start going up and down. The first sign it's not working is when it failed to respond to PING request. Alternatively, you can use netstumbler to see the wave output its transmitting out. You'll notice it keeps dropping off after few hours.

I also noticed that when it behaves like this, packet losses are high. Seems like it keeps waiting for transmission and here i'm only running 1 unit on a separate channel than most AP (and yes I do know about the 1,6 and 11) channel not being overlap.

Bottom line is the unit firmware is having problems. I am very frustrated over this too ... please assist us CISCO.

Hello Wye -- Sincere apologies for the frustration.

I've been disucssing this with our engineering team and they've requested your

environment/configuration/network topology related information if you don't mind sharing. (You can send it to me directly if you prefer: streaves at cisco dot com.)

I do want to let you know that due to its importance, the case has been raised to the VP/GM level and we'd like to gather all the possible information ASAP for determining the root cause.

Also, please let me know if you contacted the Small Business Support Center via telephone and, if so, the outcome.

Appreciate your patience and assure you we're working on it.

Thanks,

--Stephanie

Hi guys.

We are a Dist. And our custommers occurs, to have the same problem With this Ap.

The configuration of the AP is very basic, and its quote annoying to keep on rebooting the devices every know and then.

The AP´s function is just to be a hotspot, and the problem is the same, as mentioned.

I sincerly look forward to a new firmware that could fix this issue.

Thanks

-Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: