cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N stops responding with 2.0.0.5

wheisler
Level 1
Level 1

Just bought 2 of these (wish I had seen this thread before).  They shipped with the latest firmware already on them, so must be a very recent manufacture.  I am having the exact same problems as above.  It seems to be almost exactly 24 hours for me and the access point stops passing traffic.  At first the latency goes very high (2200ms - 3800ms) right before it stops passing traffic.  You can still ping the access point from the 802.11 side for a while, but nothing from the wired side, it just goes braindead.  Once I was able to get the management interface up over the wireless while it was in this state and rebooted from the management side.  It did not solve the issue, I had to unpower it and restart it (PoE Powered).  I have only configured one of them due to these issues.  I think they are going back.  Here is how the access point arrived (yes, I just rebooted again for the 8th time).

Hardware Version:Rev.12
Software Version:2.0.0.5
Local MAC Address:00:13:60:FF:AF:F0
System Up Time:0 hour:34 min:35 sec
18 Replies 18

bhummel99
Level 1
Level 1

Mine are still working perfectly after the firmware upgrade!  Remember, mine are in BRIDGE mode and are not being used as AP's.

Local MAC Address:00:22:6B:E8:39:98
System Up Time:15 Day, 20 hour:34 min:55 sec

ahorwitz9523
Level 1
Level 1

It seems to me there are still problems that aren't resolved by the latest firmware.

Can someone from Cisco respond?

I finally broke down and did the update.  As Bhummel I am running in bridged mode and up for 5 days so far with no outages.  Usually does its thing over the weekend or Monday but nothing today. I will post if it goes out again.  Good Luck.

ahorwitz9523
Level 1
Level 1

Try pointing a fan at it. I wonder if it's overheating.

Hi all, I found this thread from searching for WAP4410N overheat in Google as I thought that might be the problem with my WAP4410N device(s) that keep dropping out for no known reason after 3-4 hours (but sometimes as high as 12) of operation. I have tried all the configurations known to man using 1 and two devices as AP / client, AP / WDS repeater, WDS bridges, etc., but the end result is still the same. I have tried WEP, WPA, WPA2 (the only security option I have not contemplated is none, which I refuse to even try). My topology consists of two wired networks, bridged using the wireless. In an ideal world the second device would also act as an AP to extend the wireless range but I am currently running one 4410 as an AP and a D-link wireless client in my latest attempt to resolve the problem.

I have a backup storage device at one end of the topology and the main servers and main storage at the other end - when the backup runs and the throughput increases (increased load on the wireless network); BANG, the 4410 just stops responding. All the lights are still on but they are steady (not flashing), which is not surprising as there is no traffic going through the device.

I have recently relocated the 4410 (as much as possible) to move it away from the servers, which are a heat source, and to attempt to determine if it is an overheating problem. I will report back on this when I can.

I am not a wireless novice having implemented networks large and small but this one has got me stumped. CISCO, I need help!!!

You should have read the whole thread.

Just upgrade your firmware.  Then write back in 4 days and let us know if it fixed your problem.  Firmware 2.0.0.5 fixed mine and I had the EXACT same problem.  I have been up for 17 days now.

Local Network

Information
Local MAC Address:00:22:6B:E8:39:98
System Up Time:17 Day, 18 hour:13 min:12 sec

Thanks, I did read the whole thread and if you looked at my post you would see that the unit shipped with the 2.0.0.5 firmware already on it.  I am running in AP mode as was pointed out earlier.  Those that have had success to this point are running in Bridge mode.

Try re-flashing with the 2.0.0.5 firmware on Cisco's site. I wouldn't put it past them to have multiple versions with the same firmware Rev #.

The software here absolutely fixed my problems and mine were identical to yours.

Funny I thought the same thing after posting. We will see, now i just have to get the teacher to leave the freakn laptop on.

Testing one here in our office the connection was dropped. Just reflashed the fw ill let you knwo what happens

I was thinking the same thing as well.

Someone posted  flashing instructions that included a soft or hardware reset along with it. In the interest of consistency, recommend following the same procedure.

So it appears the bridging problem is solved but not the AP problem. I take it you are only using the devices as APs?

Still no word from a Cisco representative. I guess theyr'e not watching the thread any longer.

Yep just as APs..

Since this was (is?) my thread, I thought Id chime in here....

Yes Im still here and am having the issue.  I cant make the problem occur at will but I now can get it to happen within a few hours.  Ive been quiet for a while now because  Ive been working with Cisco outside of the forum and it was getting tedious posting "it failed again" to the thread.  They dont have a resolution (yet) but I do believe they are making good progress.

For the 2.x firmware, Im fairly certain that there really is only that 1 release we all now have.

stephen

Well, all my Cisco WAP4410N's are working great now. So I am outta here!

See you next time when Cisco screws up something else.

Bye!

That is good news, and, thank you for the update.

I don't understand why someone from Cisco couldn't post that.

Could you please post a weekly update? Hopefully the next update will be that it's fixed and then we just have to wait for the official release. If we can't depend on the vendor at least we can depend on the community.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: