cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant get radio to enable

Pete89
Level 2
Level 2

Looking at the Radio status tab on a Aironet 1200 ap running latest firmware and it shows the  software status as disabled and the hardware status as down, but I have  the radio enabled.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pedro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Pedro,

You don't mention if your AP is autonomous or Lightweight, but I am assuming by your description it is an autonomous access point, have you completed the configuration on the AP (ex: IP Address, SSID's, Encryption, etc?) I know the latest firmware will not bring the radio on-line until those conditions are met.. Also is you want to use it as a standard AP make sure the Station Role is Root (Root Access Point,Root Access Point Radio Island, Root Access Point Radio shutdown).

Hope this helps... Please rate useful Posts.

Thanks,

Kayle

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

davy.timmermans
Level 4
Level 4

Do you mean the radios are disabled and the hardware is up? --> you use a power-injector?

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Pedro,

You don't mention if your AP is autonomous or Lightweight, but I am assuming by your description it is an autonomous access point, have you completed the configuration on the AP (ex: IP Address, SSID's, Encryption, etc?) I know the latest firmware will not bring the radio on-line until those conditions are met.. Also is you want to use it as a standard AP make sure the Station Role is Root (Root Access Point,Root Access Point Radio Island, Root Access Point Radio shutdown).

Hope this helps... Please rate useful Posts.

Thanks,

Kayle

That was it.... Thanks a million!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card