cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N V1 instead of V2

DJX995
Level 3
Level 3

Well, I sent mine back and they shafted me with a v1 unit.

I don't see how you can know what the problem is and still send me a v1 unit.

I contacted SB support and they said no guarantees on getting a v2 unit.

Now I must PAY to send another unit back.

With no guarantees, I don't know.

My experience with this whole problem: no one really cares about this problem; fend for yourself.

8 Replies 8

pambill
Level 1
Level 1

what does that mean..."no guarantees"  Does it mean they may not even have V2 units at all?  If so, this is just stupid.

I hope some of the employees who have posted before give us some additional info ASAP.  This needs to get sorted out VERY SOON.

grey-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

FratianiD wrote:

Well, I sent mine back and they shafted me with a v1 unit.

I don't see how you can know what the problem is and still send me a v1 unit.

I contacted SB support and they said no guarantees on getting a v2 unit.

Now I must PAY to send another unit back.

With no guarantees, I don't know.

This is exactly my point from 8 posts ago - surely the RMA process looks at the problem before sending out a new one?

Yeah no,

I had a chance to speak with another person at Cisco support and they explained to me that, that information doesn't get passed along throughout the RMA proccess.

However, I don't understand why I should have to pay to ship an item back that is defective.

When this stuff was all Linksys, I had no problems with this.

They would give me a box or label and I would never have to worry about it.

But anyway...

For now, I wait...for what: I don't know.

Anyone else with success at getting a v2 unit, let us know.

Did this person at Cisco have any clue as to what was going on with the V2 units?

To put it simply, he said: "It's a mess..."

Just to chime in with my experience: I use the Hardware Rev. 12 units with Software Version 2.0.0.5 in B/G mode with success in production. I have not been able to get them to work in N mode. I get these units from PCConnection. I've got eight out there so far.

I have that setup as well...the point is that N needs to work.

@FrataniD

That is bad they indicate this process is a mess...but that may explain why we have not seen many Cisco employees posting here in recent weeks.  Pity, I like the unit, but they really need to communicate how to get this all fixed, or refund our money.  My preference is a fix with a new proper unit.

We are now into March...any news?  Anyone call?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: