Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6921 Device Unit License

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

guys

have a strange issue with phone licensing unless im reading the documentation incorrectly.

i have 6921 phones that are stated to have 3 DUL. however, on my CUCMBE 7.1.5 im seeing the phone taking 4 DUL per phone. can anyone assist in an explanation or have i missed something?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lakshmi Adapala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known defect with CUCM 7.1.5 and you can find more details on cisco.com (bug tool kit)

CSCtg96124    Need to check in 6921/41/61 QED(DLU=3)

It is resolved in 7.1(5)su1 and is documented in the following link. You will either need to upgrade to this or to the  7.1.5 dev pack for DLU is 3. If not you can open a TAC case and ask them to generate the additional DLU license for  the number of 6921 phones you had registered before (on a different version with DLU 3)

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/34653/cucm-readme-715su1.pdf

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lakshmi Adapala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known defect with CUCM 7.1.5 and you can find more details on cisco.com (bug tool kit)

CSCtg96124    Need to check in 6921/41/61 QED(DLU=3)

It is resolved in 7.1(5)su1 and is documented in the following link. You will either need to upgrade to this or to the  7.1.5 dev pack for DLU is 3. If not you can open a TAC case and ask them to generate the additional DLU license for  the number of 6921 phones you had registered before (on a different version with DLU 3)

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/34653/cucm-readme-715su1.pdf

Hey,

thanks for the quick response. figured it was a bug. spoke to tac as well just after i posted and they advised the same.

thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: