cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N stops after 25 hours

ccolotticisco
Level 1
Level 1

What makes my issue seemingly different from others is that the wireless radios completely shutdown after 25 hours.  The V1 hardware was replaced by the V2 and still the same issue.  I have swapped power supplies, moved locations to check for heat and NOTHIING seems to work.  Currently the test I am doing is I have the LAN port disconnected completely to see if the radio is separate from the LAN connectivity loss.

WHat makes this consistent is EVERY time the wireless light goes dark the LAN light is ON but the unit is not pingable.  This tells me something, but what, is sending the unit into some internal shutdown.  If this latest test keeps the radios up longer than 25 hours then that tells me there is something on the LAN tossing this unit into shutdown, but again what?  I am actually baffled as I have been doing 25 hours tests for a week trying to rule things out.

It is configured currently for two VLANs and two SSID's the management and default VLANs are the same as one of the SSID's and the switch port it is connected to is setup as a tagged trunk on both VLANs and the unit is configured as "Tagged".  Is there anything in that config that would possibly send the unit into shutdown like this?  It's not just a NIC connection loss but a total loss of radios as well which is different.

ANY help or insight if someone else has seen this would be great.  The behaviour is exactly the same with a brand new V2 unit so it has to be something consistent in the environment but what?  It is pretty basic.

1 Reply 1

ccolotticisco
Level 1
Level 1

So I have even flashed to the latest and greatest as well as setup a SYSLOG server.  Surprisingly there is no change. It seemed to go almost a day and a half but there was NOTHING in the syslog server for the switch port or the AP before it locked up.  I am back to wondering if this is a heat issue, but I am totally stumped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: