cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N workaround

milkboy31
Level 1
Level 1

My only working solution for now... put digital timer switches on the power plug to kill/reboot the AP at 5am so it hopefully survives the day's traffic before going unresponsive again.  Pretty sad solution for a product of this brand/price.

These work well: Stanley Digislim Timermax 38425 (dual pack)

If you google "stanley 38425" the first amazon result is good.

8 Replies 8

ccolotticisco
Level 1
Level 1

Sadly,  That is probably the best darn workaround I have heard.  Seeing as I KNOW it runs for at least 24 hours and who cares if it dies in the middle of the night.  At least from 05:00 on it will work. Thanks I already hooked up a digital timer that is set to shut off at 04:49 and come back on at 05:00.  Sad this is the only solution.  I have other gear in the same closet that get much hotter and don't have this issue so I have NO idea what the problem is with these units.  I just don't feel like throwing away $150 and spending more on another unit.  I also have no other place to locate it where there is a UPS and network links so I am pretty stuck.

Hi all,

29 days up time on the D-Link DWL-8000AP units that I purchased without so much as a blip. These things are much better, provide full WDS and run at the 2.4 and 5GHz range simultaneously. I would recommend them despite the price being on the high side

I was looking at the DAP-2553 if I was going to swap it out, but for now the $11 digital timer is good enough for me seeing as this did just replaced with a V2 unit.  So until that workaround stops working for me I will stick with this personally.  It's short money to at least KNOW when the thing is getting reset so if it happens anytime earlier now I can actually track out outage based on the known reset time.

Hi all,

I checked up with the Cisco TAC  management regarding this thread, as I have to assume after reading this thread that there is now a serious issue with WAP4410N .

But, as a percentage of product sold, the TAC issue rate on WAP4410N is almost not seen.

I would ask you,  if you can be so kind as to please open up a Small Business Support Center TAC case.

If your product is less than 30 days old, your distributor should replace via a RMA your product.  If you wish you can just call the SBSC, open a case so that we can fix the problem.  But all your WAP4410Ns should be under warranty.

You guys are screaming we are listening, but you need to move to the next step.

Please grab the contact number via the following URL;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

regards

Dave Hornstein

Small Business Channel Systems Engineer

Research triangle Park

Raleigh  NC

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Sorry guys about the issues you have been experiencing with the wap4410n v1 and v2's.  Cisco does see your post and the issues your having with the devices.  If you could please contact the SBSC at 866-606-1866, and have a case opened up with these issues your having so we can better support you.  Once again we apologize for all the inconvenience you have received with these devices.

Hi David  I open up a case with Cisco. Sent in configs for my asa and wap4410N. I hope this gets resolved I'm running out of time and energy on this one. Here is my case number incase anyone else wants to open a case and referrance mine. Case 615117097 WAP4410N 

I've had 2 of them and they both do the same thing and I have a friend who just sent back 6 of them all with teh same issue. From teh look on this site with all teh post it seems Cisco has a big issue with this device.

Cisco what is going on with these units!!! I have spent way to much time trying to keep the Wireless Client/Repeater mode..

Working.

Been on with support at least 5 times.

They finally replaced all 3 units from version1 hardware to version2.

Due to the lockup issues... and reboot problems.

Now the lockups seem to have gone but now I cannot even get the bridge to work!!

The problem seems to be worse.

I dont have a complex network simple really

what I want is 1 access point setup in AP mode with Allow wireless signal to be repeated by a repeater enabled.

another access point accross the street setup in Client/Repeater mode.

with my old units I had this setup working for 2 months (SOLID) (Version 1 hardware)

Then they started to get bad, then worse..

Cisco had me change channels, change SSID's, reset factory defaults (hardware method).

Presently I have a little computer with a generic wireless network card setup with microsoft ICS because I cannot get the bridge up.

This ICS connection is 95% signal strength!!! Explain that?

Cisco with all due respect this is crazy.. I want this fixed! or I want my money back.

Case Numbers for reference:

Mario - 614186641

Tiya 614994033 (She tried things I would have never thought to change.. she was great)

This topic by the way has over 45,000 hits... obviously something is wrong.

We need a developer of the firmware to enable debuging on someone's devices RIGHT AWAY.

stephen.law
Level 1
Level 1

I have 16 of these units in my school and the lock-ups are almost daily. We know we are having issues when users can't get IP address. It has gotten to the point that I now have a morning routine of using ssh and rebooting every unit prior to classes starting. I like the features this product has but I am getting weary of the hassle. There has been a lot of discussion regarding wireless on the NHSTE listserv about access points. How can I recommend these to another school district when they are plagued by this problem? If they would stay working, I would sing their praises as they offer a good price/value/feature set for the price. Come on Cisco...fix these things!

Stephen R. Law CCNP
Director of Technology
John Stark Regional High School
Weare, NH 03281

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: