Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS not sending mail

ashley_dew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CiscoWorks LMS functionning properly. For some time, I am seeing problems with it sending mail notifications. When it is rebooted, it sends the mail properly but after some time, the mail notifications are not sent.

Is there a log file to see the issue with the mail sending? I am not sure whether it is a CiscoWorks LMS issue or the mail server (on which i have no access) to try to isolate the problem.

The last change that I made to the server, that might be a possible cause. I had installed the HP NIC teaming with 2 NIC cards teamed and assuming the IP address of the server.

I just want to check with the server before proceding to mail server blacklisting or other.

Thanks in Advance,

Ashley

3 Replies 3

ashley_dew
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry,

Hi,

I have CiscoWorks LMS functionning properly. For some time, I am seeing problems with it is not sending mail notifications. When it is rebooted, it sends the mail properly but after some time, the mail notifications are not sent.

Is there a log file to see the issue with the mail sending? I am not sure whether it is a CiscoWorks LMS issue or the mail server (on which i have no access) to try to isolate the problem.

The last change that I made to the server, that might be a possible cause. I had installed the HP NIC teaming with 2 NIC cards teamed and assuming the IP address of the server.

I just want to check with the server before proceding to mail server blacklisting or other.

Thanks in Advance,

Ashley

Please check out this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3115415#3115415

Maybe you run into the same issue.

Have a look to the AnalyzerDebug.log and search for such messages:

[ Tue Jun 15  08:40:23 CEST 2010 ],INFO ,[Thread-18],newsyslogqueue Dropping the syslog as queue is full 100000

On my system a Firewall sent too much syslog messages to the LMS and because of that the queue was full after a short time after restart.

Greetz,

Sven

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your reply. But does not seem to be the same issue. I found no such errors in the AnalyzerDebug log file.

I got the same issue. It is not related to the mail server. Just checked it. Its internal to the LMS server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: