Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius authentication for privileged access

love4u.pratik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured Cisco 6513 for radius authentication with following commands.

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login authradius group radius line
aaa accounting exec acctradius start-stop group radius
radius-server host <radius-ip> auth-port 1812 acct-port 1646 key 6912911

line vty 0 4

accounting exec acctradius
login authentication authradius

This is working pretty fine. I want to configure radius authentication for priviledged access / for enable access.

I am using TeKRadius as Radius server.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Pratik

4 Replies 4

NickNac79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pratik,

Try adding:

aaa authentication enable default group radius enable

Nick

Hi Nick,

I tried that but its not working....

It asks username password during login and then when I enter enable it asks for simply password, and any of the password will not work, not even the enable password or the radius password. Then i have to shutdown the radius server service to get the privileged access of the switch.

Regards,

Pratik

Hi Pratik

Sorry I mostly use only TACACS+ for AAA as it provides better granularity of access controls.

You'll need to make some specific changes to your RADIUS config so that nominated users ( the ones you want to be able to go to enable mode ) get put straight into enable mode upon login.

There's a guide here http://www.blindhog.net/cisco-aaa-login-authentication-with-radius-ms-ias/ which details the steps if you're using the Microsoft IAS radius server - you should be able to figure out that changes you need to make to your own server from there.

Nick

Message was edited by: NickNac79 - Spelt the OP's name wrong, sorry.

kaplanyasin
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card