WISM Ver 7 Upgrade & WLC Config Analyzer sh running-config

Unanswered Question
Sep 23rd, 2010
User Badges:

HI

Just updated wisms with ver 7.  Went to check with WLC Config Analyzer, but when I run sh running-config each controller it now crashes my telnet session which doesn't give the full cfg.  It crashes at the same place each time when ran on the controllers.  This wasn't a problem before

Has anyone come accross this?

Cheers

Craig

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Kayle Miller Thu, 09/23/2010 - 06:16
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Craig,

When you say it crashes, do you mean it actually closes the telnet session? or does it appear to hang? The reason I ask is I did this exact same thing just yesterday on a WiSM that was running 7.0.98.0 and I too was in a telnet session using putty to capture the show running-config. I thought it locked up/crashed because it stopped at one point; But i let it sit there and after a couple minutes it went farther then hung again.. it repeated this for I'd say probably 10 minutes, but it eventually finished capturing the show running-config. I experienced the same behavior on both of the controllers on both WiSM's running 7.0.98.0

Hope this helps.... Please rate useful posts.

Thanks,

Kayle

Craig Le-Butt Thu, 09/23/2010 - 07:02
User Badges:

Hy Kayle,

Thats exactly what happend.  Havent tried leaving it 10 mins, I'll give it ago.  I did notice when trying to go back in using hyperteminal it kept repeating the key I just pressed as well when loggin in, so when entered my password, it revieled my password.  Have to disconnect the session and go back in.

cheers

Craig

Craig Le-Butt Thu, 09/23/2010 - 13:22
User Badges:

Hi Kayle

Just poke to a contractor, try "config paging disable", this seems to have sorted the problem for me

Cheers

Craig

Kayle Miller Thu, 09/23/2010 - 13:42
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Craig,

actually when I was doing it I had already issued that command, but if it resolves your problem that's great...

Thanks,

Kayle

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content