Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM Ver 7 Upgrade & WLC Config Analyzer sh running-config

Craig Le-Butt
Level 1
Level 1

HI

Just updated wisms with ver 7.  Went to check with WLC Config Analyzer, but when I run sh running-config each controller it now crashes my telnet session which doesn't give the full cfg.  It crashes at the same place each time when ran on the controllers.  This wasn't a problem before

Has anyone come accross this?

Cheers

Craig

4 Replies 4

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Craig,

When you say it crashes, do you mean it actually closes the telnet session? or does it appear to hang? The reason I ask is I did this exact same thing just yesterday on a WiSM that was running 7.0.98.0 and I too was in a telnet session using putty to capture the show running-config. I thought it locked up/crashed because it stopped at one point; But i let it sit there and after a couple minutes it went farther then hung again.. it repeated this for I'd say probably 10 minutes, but it eventually finished capturing the show running-config. I experienced the same behavior on both of the controllers on both WiSM's running 7.0.98.0

Hope this helps.... Please rate useful posts.

Thanks,

Kayle

Hy Kayle,

Thats exactly what happend.  Havent tried leaving it 10 mins, I'll give it ago.  I did notice when trying to go back in using hyperteminal it kept repeating the key I just pressed as well when loggin in, so when entered my password, it revieled my password.  Have to disconnect the session and go back in.

cheers

Craig

Hi Kayle

Just poke to a contractor, try "config paging disable", this seems to have sorted the problem for me

Cheers

Craig

Craig,

actually when I was doing it I had already issued that command, but if it resolves your problem that's great...

Thanks,

Kayle

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: