cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Windows7 and Start-Before-logon (SBL) Issues

Jim Bell
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting unsuccessfully to get Windows7 SBL working with the following configuration (SBL works for XP);

ASA5520

ASA 8.0(4)

ASDM 6.1(5)

AnyConnect 2.4.1012

License VPN Plus (SSL VPN Peers 100)

When configuring Group Policy for Optional Clent Module to download we only have option for vpngina and cannot see Start Before Logon (SBL) module as referenced in AnyConnect Client 2.4 documentation.

Is this a license type issue or do we need an upgrade to ASA/ASDM software ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
6 Replies 6

Robert Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use vpngina for the same purpose.

I believe the command has changed in later versions from vpngina to Start Before Login to be more intuitive.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.

Thanks Rosalaza,

We have our Group policy set for vpngina and SBL set to True in the profile and did see an AnyConnect SBL module downloaded.

However on rebooting the Windows7 laptops - after Switch User selected - we do not see the Network Connect button (in lower-right corner of window) to launch AnyConnect Client.

You may want to check if the profile has been pushed to that pc:

C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client\Profile

If the profile is loaded in that directory, what icons do you see at the bottom right hand corner?

-Rob

Thanks Rob,

Looks like the issue, I can't see the profile in that location.

Will work through the document in link you gave me to see if it resolves my issue, and post results back here.

Robert Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following doc can be referenced regarding the rest of the SBL setup:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00809f0d75.shtml

Thanks Rob,

Now have SBL working for Windows7 - just some dns issues to resolve now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: