cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to solve

abolaji
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the problem i am looking to resolve on my customer's network. Any idea on how to get the packet redirected to the three servers instead of to one server.

When we shutdown the node 1, we are getting: :Page can not be found. Therefore there is no redirection to nodes 2 & 3 as it should be if the load balancer was operating properly.

When we log in to any of the UAT nodes using the load balancer link (eagleuat.ops.tiaa-cref.ora) and then try to use any of the application sub links, we are again prompted for the password with the message that the connection was lost. If we connect directly (bypassing the load balancer) this doesn't happen.
:

Here is the CSS config:

content x-eagleuat

vip address 10.x.x.x

add service PAGLE01

add service PAGLE02

add service PAGLE03

protocol tcp

port 8080

advanced-balance sticky-srcip

sticky-inact-timeout 30

balance leastconn

active

2 Replies 2

tony-song
Level 1
Level 1

the reason seems that you have not configure the keepalive for the services correctly.

Here are the sample configuration on CSS:

service PAGLE01

port 8080

ip address 1.1.1.1

protocol tcp

keepalive tcp 8080

active

What does the keepalive command do?

I thought since there is a load balancer that is supposed to load balance traffic across the three servers the traffic should have been redirected to the other two servers when the first server was shutdown.

Let me know what you think

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: