IP phone 7941/61 Restart when PC Disconnected/Reloaded

Unanswered Question
Sep 23rd, 2010

Dear All

I am facing a strange issue with Two different Customers Now and I wonder if anybody face a smilar issue

The issue is that an IP phone 7941/61 G being restart ( and if there is a call being disconnected) when a PC that is connected to it is being Disconnected or Restarted .

- I tried ( with the help of Cisco TAC ) to change the FW of the IP phone to different Versions ( from oldest 8.3.2 ) to the newest (9.0.2) ( note : the current is 8.5.3 ) .still the issue repeated .

- I Collected the traces and issue seems to be the "UpdateCapability" meesge is huge ( more than 1800Bytes Data ) and being fragmented and somehow  it is not reachin the CUCM . Cisco Said somthing in the network. But the network have been checked for possible fragmenting points and nothing appeares

- Also I have another customer with other different network setting and the issue is exactly the same

The site that host the phones is a Remote site , and the CUCM is in the HQ. CUCM version is 7.1.3

Note:  I had the same issue in another Remote Site ( with the same phone model )  but this one was registered on a a CUCM 4.2.3 windows based and the issue being resolved by upgrading the Firmware to 9.0.2  However this version still not working my case

Has anybody faced that issue before ? any guideness or other point of view to look at this issue

thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
abdel-moniem Fri, 10/01/2010 - 07:01

HI ,Thanks for your answer

I tried upgrading the Phone to 9-0-3 and didn't solve the problem as well , problem still presist

any suggestion

Actions

This Discussion