Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 6.1(3) SIP connection to an ITSP

ronin2k8cronus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone,

I (my client) am having problems connecting my CM6 to an ITSP. I must authenticate to the ITSP and I have no router to act as CUBE.

Is it possible to connect running version 6.1(3)? Must I install 7 or is not possible to connect at all?

On CM I have configured a SIP trunk to the ip address of ITSP, configured SIP realm and authentication and a route pattern pointing to the trunk.

I tried making a couple of calls but I get a busy tone. The call is sent to the ITSP but they told me that the SIP Invite I am sending is lacking SDP message. I read a couple of documents telling me I need to sent the message using SIP Early Offer. My current problem is that I do not know how/ or if I can set SIP Early Offer in CM6!!! I didn't find anything on SIP Profile page or SIP Security Profile.

Thank's for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can, but you need MTPs

Media Termination Points

Media Termination Points (MTPs) are generally not required for Delayed  Offer calls from Unified CM SIP trunks. For this reason, Cisco  recommends Delayed Offer as the call setup method for outbound calls  from Unified CM SIP trunks. For outbound Early Offer calls from  Unified CM, MTP resources are required (SIP Trunk MTP  required box is checked) and remain in the media path for the  duration of the call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/trunks.html#wp1045957

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can, but you need MTPs

Media Termination Points

Media Termination Points (MTPs) are generally not required for Delayed  Offer calls from Unified CM SIP trunks. For this reason, Cisco  recommends Delayed Offer as the call setup method for outbound calls  from Unified CM SIP trunks. For outbound Early Offer calls from  Unified CM, MTP resources are required (SIP Trunk MTP  required box is checked) and remain in the media path for the  duration of the call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/trunks.html#wp1045957

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the fast reply.

I will try that and see how it goes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: