Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade LMS 2.5 -> last version

ooroncoym
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a LMS 2.5 for 300 devices bought in 2006. The LMS 2.5 currently doesn´t operative and I lose media Kit but I have the licence (xxxx.LIC) for this version. I need buying the last version LMS 3.2 or LMS 4.0. I found in the thecnical documentation this upgrade is posible. The route is: 2.5 -> 2.5.1 -> 2.6 -> 3.2 or 4.0.  My question is:  Does it necesary the media kit LMS 2.5 for begin this upgrade?  The information configured in LMS 2.5 isn´t interesting for me. I thinks, the new date must configure in the last version.     

Thanks  

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you do not need to media to upgrade to LMS 4.0.  Once you have the 2.6 backup, you can install LMS 4.0 on a clean server, then restore the backup to complete the migration.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your answer. The LMS 2.5 currently doesn´t operative, the page web CiscoWork doesn´t respond and promt wrong message.....I think, the driver in the file installation was lose......I found in the page "Software download" the updates lms2.5.1 and lms2.6. Can I upgrade from LMS2.5 to LMS 2.6 with these updates lms2.5.1 and lms2.6 without the LMS2.5 operative?.....

Thanks

If LMS 2.5 is not functioning, then I would not trust an upgrade to 2.6 or a backup that comes from it.  Do you care about the data that's currently in LMS 2.5?  If not, you can always install LMS 4.0 from scratch on a clean server and start over.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your respond. The data and configuration in LMS 2.5 don´t care for me. So, in this case, What type of licence I need buying? .....

New LMS 4.0:

CWLMS-4.0-300-K9           LMS 4.0 Small Enterprise I, networks of 100 to 300 devices

Upgrade LMS 2.5 -> 4.0

CWLMS-4.0-300UPK9       LMS 4.0 300 Device Restricted Upgrade for LMS2.x, 3,x

I have the licence (xxxxx.LIC) for LMS 2.5 but I don´t know if this file is necesary?

Thanks

Bests Regards

You can purchase CWLMS-4.0-300UPK9.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: