cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 and different network access profiles

burnsidestev
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up radius access on 2 different SSIDs coming from an Access point.  The 802.1x rules will be different based on which SSID the user is connecting to.  One will be more restrictive than the other.

in my example the ap is 10.1.0.1

the ssids would be "inside" and "outside"

for the inside ssid, I would like to verify they are a domain user

for the "outside"  i want them to be in a specific group.  I have the group already confured in radius.

I can do either one successfully, but I do not know how to map the device to two different access policies.

Would this be just mapping different permits based on which authentication rule they passed?

2 Replies 2

mansrini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You would need to edit your existing policies and add one anothetr customized condition called compound condition ( in addition to whatever condition you may have already).. chose radius ietf dictionary and chose the attribute called-station-id. Usually the ssid is sent as part of this attribute. you can match the value to either 'inside' or 'outside' and chose the result that would best suit that ssid. I think it may be easy enough for you to take it up from this point. Let me know if the explanation isn't clear.

Thanks,

Mani

Thanks for the reply.  I finally got this working,

Basically I set up DNIS under end station filters.  With SSID "outside"  the dnis entry was "*outside".  I had been missing the *.  I then defined a service selection rule that sent all requests from that SSID to one policy, and all from the other SSID to a second policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: