Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM License Problem

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

So I just installed a new 7835 to our cluster as a Subscriber and everything went well (I had to wipe it as it had 7.1(5) and we have 7.1(3)). I got the PAK that came with it, registered, got the license file and uploaded it successfully to the Publisher. My problem is that I still can't add the new subscriber to a Call Manager Group. It's not listed in the list of available servers. Anyone know what might be the cause? I'm pretty sure I registered the PAK correctly. I put the MAC of the Publisher node which is what it told me. Was I supposed to put the MAC of the new server instead? Please help!

Thanks,

neocec

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you already enabled and started the CCM service??

Only nodes that are running the CCM service show up as options for the CUCM group.

Licensingwise all your licenses need to be issued with the PUB MAC address.

If you go to licensing you should see how many node licenses you have. You need 1 per every server you want to run the CCM service.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you already enabled and started the CCM service??

Only nodes that are running the CCM service show up as options for the CUCM group.

Licensingwise all your licenses need to be issued with the PUB MAC address.

If you go to licensing you should see how many node licenses you have. You need 1 per every server you want to run the CCM service.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Duh! Of course! Thanks for answering. I'm glad I did it correctly except for turning on the services. Haven't had enough coffee today apparently

Thanks a bunch!

neocec

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: