Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 Stuck in rommon mode??

Hi

I've ended up in rommon mode on my new"old" RMA'ed ASA5505, and I'm stuck there, I'v tried to erase Disk0 and all that, and tftp'ed a new image into the box, but when booting I get the message :

INFO: Unable to read firewall mode from flash

WARNING: Unable to write firewall mode to flash, this is normal if flash is not formatted

Running Activation Key: 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000

This activattion key is invalid, use default settings only

i2c_write_byte_w_suspend() error, slot = 0x0, device = 0x40, address = 26 byte count =1. Reason: I2C_UNPOPULATED_ERROR

Any ideas anyone ?

Best regards

Hans

7 Replies 7

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hans,

Unfortunately this sounds like a hardware problem that would require replacement. I would suggest opening a TAC case to have this looked at so you can get an RMA filed.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Hej Miro..

Thats the funny part of this, just got this back from a former RMA, packed and sealed from Cisco,UK, but it seems that I have to get "back on that horsy"

Thanks

Wait

Try something first

fsck disk0:

and

format disk0:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807ea93d.shtml

It might help.

Hi Diego

Well as also written, I'm stuck in rommon mode, so "No Can Do" chief ;-)

Regards

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this problem? I have the same error and failure to boot. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

steve

Hi Stephen

Well, I gave up and opened a new TAC case, and got it replaced for the second time.

I seems to me that there are som hardware issues with the smaller models of the Cisco 5500 series.

So my advise to you, get it done, don´t use to many hours on this

Regards

Hans

Thank you Hans for the follow up. I won't waste any more time trying to recover this box.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card