Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Redundancy

naveen_yummy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am having 2600 router.I am going to buy a another same model router. I want to build a reduntancy between the two routers

which is the best method to build a reduntancy between two routers.

. i want the following requirements.

1. Router reduntancy

2. Load Balancing

Present configuration in the router:

1.Three MPLS line

2.One Leased Line

3. One Local Network

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi naveen,

We have many possibility for router redundancy like hsrp/vrrp/glbp. out of which hsrp and vrrp and similar in functionality.

but the only diference is hsrp is cisco proprietary and vrrp is open standard.

for load balancing glbp is having very good feature and again it is cisco  proprietary.

If your requirement is simply two router with one as active and other is standby then you can go for hsrp/vrrp

or if your requirement is load balancing along with redundancy then you shold go for glbp. please follow as per your requirement

sharing document for glbp for reference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/ft_glbp.html

Regards

Mahesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you located a reputable consultant or certified Cisco partner to take care of the configuration ?

hi poalo,

yes for the changing configuration we are taking the help of the cisco partners

only.

But i want to knw the wat technologies are presently used?

In that which is the preferer to my confiuration?

Pls answer both the above questions,

sumitava123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Naveen ,

Yes that is very much possible. You can configure different technologies to achieve load balancing but the best can be decided only after understanding your requirement and topology.

Sumit

Hi naveen,

We have many possibility for router redundancy like hsrp/vrrp/glbp. out of which hsrp and vrrp and similar in functionality.

but the only diference is hsrp is cisco proprietary and vrrp is open standard.

for load balancing glbp is having very good feature and again it is cisco  proprietary.

If your requirement is simply two router with one as active and other is standby then you can go for hsrp/vrrp

or if your requirement is load balancing along with redundancy then you shold go for glbp. please follow as per your requirement

sharing document for glbp for reference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/ft_glbp.html

Regards

Mahesh

hi mahesh,

Thanks for your detailed explanation yaar...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: