CUCM 8.X TweetChat

Unanswered Question
Sep 15th, 2010

Join Jaime Valencia as he takes your questions about Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) 8.X.

Jaime is a PDI Escalation Engineer at Cisco specializing in the Cisco Unified Communications portfolio  of solutions. As part of the Planning, Design and Implementation (PDI)  Escalation Team, he provides help to Cisco partners who hold a Cisco  Unified Communications specialization before their systems go live.  Previously he was a support engineer in the Cisco Technical Assistance  Center. Jaime holds CCNA and CCVP certifications.

This TweetChat is the fourth in  a series from our Ask the Experts group and will take place on  Thursday, September 23 from 10:00am – 11:00am  PT using the  #ciscosupport  hashtag.

Submit questions in advance to @ciscosupport  with the hashtag #ciscosupport or submit by posting a comment below  (log in with cisco.com userid to post  a comment).

We really want to hear from you -- so as an added bonus, we're giving away 10 - US$25 Amazon gift cards.  To get one - be one of the first 5 to post a question about CUCM 8.X today.

Additionally -- we'll give away gift cards to the first 5 people who join us for the TweetChat and ask Jaime a question LIVE about CUCM 8.X.

What is a TweetChat?

Tweet   chats are online conversations, held at a  pre-arranged time, between  a  group of Twitter users, and using a specific Twitter hashtag to   identify the discussion.

How Do I Participate?

On the day of the event, go to http://tweetchat.com/room/ciscosupport to follow the #ciscosupport hashtag. Alternatively, you can use your   favorite Twitter client (i.e. Tweet Grid, TweetDeck) or TwitterSearch  to  follow the chat hashtag.  During the event, you can follow the   discussion,  contribute questions, and submit your own comments by  using  the same hashtag.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ciscomoderator Thu, 09/23/2010 - 14:02

Answers and tips on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) 8.X from our expert, Jaime Valencia. This is a transcript of the TweetChat session held on September 23, 2010.

Q: I would like to study Cisco CUCM 8, and Unity Connection 8 using a VMWARE build. How would I go about this?

A: A NFR kit helps for training in labs, demons or testing if you're a developer. You'll need to log in to get the NFR kit.

Tip: CUCM introduces LDAP filters to modify the search strings so now it's fully supported.

Q: May I know what is the new feature in the CUCM 8 compared to previous CUCM?

A: Cisco Unified Communications Manager: New or Enhanced Features, by Version http://bit.ly/aLqmXn

Q: How does Cisco feel about the introduction of TAAS in cloud? Telephony as a service - as in no local deployment of hardware etc.

A: This falls under Centralized CUCM. But, some of my friends here in MX do exactly that kind of stuff.

Tip: External MOH is still supported but if you use virtualization you need a physical server to place the usb audio.

Q: Can I use EMCC with two users with the same ID, one local one remote?

A: EMCC will look in the local cluster in 1ST place & won't recognize credentials for the remote user & will deny EM usage.

Q: Can I daisy-chain conferences in CUCM?

A: You will need to enable the service parameter "Enable Advance Ad-Hoc Conference" in order to do this.

Tip: AAR can now work with SAF/CCD in order to provide PSTN fallback for phones outside the CUCM cluster.

Q: I'm using FAC with some of the new 9900 series & code is not hidden using *, it's visible to all users. How can I hide it?

A: This defect is addressed in a new firmware, this is the bug ID:CSCsb68946 SIP phone needs to replace digits with "*" in FAC.

Amit Sharma Mon, 11/01/2010 - 01:34

Hello Sir,

I am haivng cucm 8.0.2 version and getting one problem that if some one calling on called aprty phone that is still buys on second call so why not the calling person getting busytone in place of ringback tone...

what are the methods with that we cna get the same possibilites.

Amit

Actions

This Discussion