Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP AND local configuration on local router for a same FXS port

DanielGoQ_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Considering a remote site with a 2801 router and a FXS port on it... could the following be possible?

1. Have the router registered as MGCP gateway so we can configure the FXS port as POTS and restrict calls with a FAC.

2. Configure the port directly on the router with the extension number and add a dial-peer to allow it to receive and send calls so if the router looses connectivity with HQ, fax will still operate locally.

I've been trying this but if a add the dial-peer for scenario 2, calls will always go through this dial peer and I won't be able to restrict calls using FAC. If I erase that dial-peer for scenario 2, then, calls are successfully controlled by MGCP and I can use FAC. The issue is that if I shutdown the MPLS link and router goes to SRST, I can't use FAX anymore.

I tried adding preference 1 to the mgcp dial peer and 10 or nothing to the non-mgcp dial peer but again, calls will always go over the non-mgcp dial-peer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

dijohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

have you given this command? ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

Now after you have done that, You will not get dial-tone when GW loses connectivity to the WAN please refer,

the idea is to tell the GW, Incase it isn't able to contact the CUCM, then fallback to default H323. Now for pots
if you notice, you will have application mgcpapp under the pots dial-peer to pseudo backhaul the FXS. So when mgcpapp fails to connect to the CUCM, FXS port stops giving dail-tone

To solve this use a
R(config)#application
R(config-app)#global
R(config-app-global)#service alternate Default

Which instructs the GW to use default app incase mgcpapp fails on POTS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080144630.shtml#prob1
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a008012ecc6.shtml

HTH