Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME 8 & CUE 7.2 voice mail message recording issue

albores666
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I deployed a CCME 8.0 with CUE 7.2. with a SIP trunk to make calls to the PSTN. There is an auto attendant in the cisco unity which lets dial by number or name or transfer to operator pressing 0 number. When the AA transfers an incoming call to any extension registered in the CCME and there is no answer by the called party the mailbox answers requesting to the caller leave a message after the signal and then press # to send the message. Next, I say the message and press # to send the message. The unity answers saying that the message is too short and I try again. Even thought I try with a longer message until the the max lenght timer message has been reached it keep playing the same "your message is too short, try again".

The issue don´t arise when you leave a message from an internal extension or when a external call contacts the operator and she transfers it to the number requested (internal extension). It only arise when the AA transfer the call.

I've attached a debug ccsip media capture, 

Regards.

4 Replies 4

adkarkou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - when you press the # and get an IVR that the message is too short that means that the CUE did not record anything which is really an indication of one way audio issue. under the CME, check if you anything configured with "unicast reverse-path" [Please remove it if you have it configured].

if you do not have it configured, we need check if RTP is really reaching the CUE.

Hi.

There is not any "unicast reverse-path" command configured in the CME.

How could I to check if the RTP stream is reaching the CUE?????

I've attached the following bebug outputs

• ccsip rtp session
  • ccsip calls
  • ccsip media
  • ccsip events
  • ccsip message

Hi - please attach show run from the CME and from the CUE please collect "show ccn subsystem sip".

Also, under voice ser voip, please add the following commands:

config t

voice service voip

no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily
no supplementary-service sip refer
end

Hello all. We're currently experiencing the same issue as albores666. We upgraded our UC520 wih the latest Software Pack 8.2 and CCA 3.2. Using a SIP trunk for phone service. The auto attendant  lets you dial by number or name or transfer to operator pressing 0 number. When the AA transfers an incoming call to any extension registered in the CCME and there is no answer by the called party the mailbox answers requesting to the caller leave a message. We noticed those messages were not being recorded. I then started pressing # after leaving the message, only to hear the operator saying that the "recording is too short" and try again. As albores666 stated, the issue doesn't arise when you leave a message from an internal extension or when a external call contacts the operator and he transfers it to the number requested (internal extension). It only arise when the AA transfer the call. We also have 3 regular PSTN lines (analog) and when the AA is reached through the Analog PSTN, then Voicemail works as expected.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as we're not able to implement AA at this point. Thanks again for your help.

I've attached a copy of our config file with IPs/Passwords taken off. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: