Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove Service Policy from Routed Ports

Hello everybody,

I must change the QoS configuration on a router Cisco 871 (IOS: IP services 12.4(24) T1). The service policy is applied to the routed port, fastethernet4.

Can I do the changes from within the policy-map configuration without removing the service policy? Will the effects take place as soon as I press enter?

If I'll have to remove the service policy before doing any change, will this trigger the port to go down because the policy map is actually policing? I was thinking in that case to put an access list inbound on the WAN port to stop all traffic..

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

sumitava123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

It depends upon the configuration. Please share the config of the class-map,policy-map and the acl(if any ) .

Sumit

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes,you can modify the policy-map with service-policy attached to interface.

Regards,

Lei Tian

danrya
Level 1
Level 1

You can change the policy-map and attached class-maps while it's attached to the interface.

All changes take affect upon pressing enter!

If you delete an ACL or remove the match statement from the Class-map traffic will stop matching and look to the next class-map.

You need to be very careful when doing this and make sure you understand what will happen when you make the change.  For example

Your matching a /32 address and not policing, but then matching a /24 that includes the /32, but policing the subnet to a CIR.  This allows the single /32 to use all bandwidth but the other devices are policed down.

If you remove the ACL for the /32 or remove the class for the /32 it will then match with the /24.  That could cause a loss of traffic on the IP address.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card