Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove Service Policy from Routed Ports

Hello everybody,

I must change the QoS configuration on a router Cisco 871 (IOS: IP services 12.4(24) T1). The service policy is applied to the routed port, fastethernet4.

Can I do the changes from within the policy-map configuration without removing the service policy? Will the effects take place as soon as I press enter?

If I'll have to remove the service policy before doing any change, will this trigger the port to go down because the policy map is actually policing? I was thinking in that case to put an access list inbound on the WAN port to stop all traffic..

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

sumitava123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

It depends upon the configuration. Please share the config of the class-map,policy-map and the acl(if any ) .

Sumit

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes,you can modify the policy-map with service-policy attached to interface.

Regards,

Lei Tian

danrya
Level 1
Level 1

You can change the policy-map and attached class-maps while it's attached to the interface.

All changes take affect upon pressing enter!

If you delete an ACL or remove the match statement from the Class-map traffic will stop matching and look to the next class-map.

You need to be very careful when doing this and make sure you understand what will happen when you make the change.  For example

Your matching a /32 address and not policing, but then matching a /24 that includes the /32, but policing the subnet to a CIR.  This allows the single /32 to use all bandwidth but the other devices are policed down.

If you remove the ACL for the /32 or remove the class for the /32 it will then match with the /24.  That could cause a loss of traffic on the IP address.

Dan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card