Quick Q on PEAP and 5508

Unanswered Question
Sep 24th, 2010

Hi Team,

I configured  user "Bill"under Local User database with a Local EAP profile with PEAP and EAP-TLS.At this stage I do not have a Radius server but

my understanding is that  I should be able to authenticate using Bill's credentials from the Windows XP box.Wireshark capture indicates that EAP does not even complete stage 1.Last message is a EAP Response from the Windows XP to the 1252  and  the whole process (EAPOL Start,Request ,Response) keeps repeating itself without getting a response from WLC .Could someone confirm whether I could test 802.1X using this method?

The other odd thing is that I have to use a Novell client which talk to WindowsXP built-in supplicant via PEAP/MSCHAPv2.The environment I'm in does not have  vanilla XP boxes.

Any help is much appreciated.

cheers,

Janesh

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Vinay Sharma Sat, 09/25/2010 - 03:45

Hi Janesh,

what is the version we are running on WLC? The reason i asked this question is through version 4.1, PEAP is not supported locally on the WLC. You need an external RADIUS server. With WLC version 4.2 and later versions, local EAP now supports PEAPv0/MSCHAPv2 and PEAPv1/GTC authentication.

Please follow the configuration guide in order to confgiure local EAP authentication:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a008093f1b9.shtml

thanks,

Vinay

janesh_abey Sat, 09/25/2010 - 14:38

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your reply and the link.The core we are running is 7.0.98.0

I should be able to use the existing Cisco cert on the WLC,right?

Will check this tomorrow and shall let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Janesh

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network