CCNP Certification

Unanswered Question
Sep 24th, 2010

Hi All,

I have completed my CCNA in 2005 and CCNP composite (642-892 COMPOSITE - Routing and Switching) in 2008.

My Current certification status is "Certified" Expires on 8/9/2011.

Can someone tell me which papers i need to complete to get CCNP certification.

Regards,

Naidu.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
krahmani323 Fri, 09/24/2010 - 04:41

Hello Naidu,

In order to achieve CCNP I confirm you just have to pass TSHOOT exam.

Your situation corresponds to path4 of the following link =>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/learning_certification_type_home.html

Path 4: This is the recommended path for candidates who have  passed the COMP  exam but not ISCW or ONT.  This path can also be used by  candidates who  will be ready to take (and pass) the COMP exam before  July 31, 2010.....

642-892 Composite
Last day to test: July 31, 2010
Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI)

Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)
642-832  TSHOOTTroubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco  IP Networks (TSHOOT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course TSHOOT has to be passed before  8/9/2011 (3 years after the COMPOSITE obtention in 2008).

Otherwise you can check the exact status of certification at the followink link with your Cisco CCO ID : https://i7lp.integral7.com/durango/do/login?ownername=cisco&channel=cisco&basechannel=integral7

Hope it helps.

Regards.
Karim

Latchum Naidu Fri, 09/24/2010 - 05:02

Hi Karim,

Thanks for your information.

I also found the same in the cisco.com under certification but not sure how much it is real.

If I can get CCNP by writing only TSHOOT paper it is well to me.

Do you have heard / any known persons who complete the TSHOOT like in my way and get CCNP?

Regards,

Naidu.

krahmani323 Fri, 09/24/2010 - 05:25

Hello Naidu,

You are welcome. I confirm you 101% this track is valid and that you just need to pass TSHOOT before 8/9/2011 in order to get CCNP :

1/ July 31st 2010 is just the last date to take the previous module tests (bsci/bcmsn/composite/iscw/ont). After this date we cannot longer take these exams but there stay valid during 3 years in order to be mixed with the new ccnp exams as per the different paths.

This is to ensure smooth transition for those who already holds some previous ccnp modules for their CCNP track (it would be hard to understand if Cisco decided from 31st July to cancel all previous track modules :-).

2/ One of my colleague obtained COMPOSITE 1 year ago and has cleared TSHOOT last August and he is now ccnp.

3/ Another confirmation from this link => https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/86769#86769

Hope to alleviate your doubts...don't woory :-)

Regards

Karim

Actions

This Discussion