QPM 4.1.4 issues

Unanswered Question
Sep 24th, 2010

Hi all,

I've upgraded from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 and now in QoS Report Card I don't see some classes of nested policies which were displayed in 4.1.3. Rediscover or add/delete of devices doesn't help.

Can I see somewhere in the logs where could be the problem or just to deinstall 4.1.4 patch (which I'm not sure how to do)

Any help or advice is very appreciated,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
aamadulin.accenture Wed, 11/03/2010 - 02:01

Hi Ivana

Are you still facing this issue? does anyone from Cisco responded to your concern? I am also facing the same issue after upgrading to QPM 4.1.4.

Anyone from Cisco, please do reply.

ccarring Wed, 11/03/2010 - 06:46

Hello Ivana,

Please post some information about the device ("show ver") and whic policies are not appearing. A snippet from the "snow run" showing the configuration should help.

ivana.kvaka Wed, 11/03/2010 - 06:59

Hi ccarring,

We needed QPM to work, and I've returned QPM back to 4.1.3 and all nested policies were visible again. Unfortunately,  I don't remember in 4.1.4 which were not visible.

thank you,

scott.lorenzen@... Wed, 11/03/2010 - 07:39

We have also had this issue occur.  From what the SE is relaying to us that a new patch QPM 4.1.5 should be out in December of this year that addresses this issue.

ivana.kvaka Wed, 11/03/2010 - 07:45

Hi Scott,

That's great info. Do you people know, when you encounter problem, is there a possibility to deinstall just patch (not the entire QPM, as I did)

thank you,

scott.lorenzen@... Thu, 11/04/2010 - 06:58

Since we have a support agreement with Cisco I was given a patch and a process.  Regretfully I can not post the patch.

The process is as follows but may not work without the patch

1) Goto QPM server and open
file in a text editor

2) Goto line with text groupable="yes" displayable="no" returnable="yes">.
With no other changes to this file, this line should be present at line #83
or around that.

3) In the above line, change text displayable="no" to displayable="yes" i.e
change only the word "no" to "yes". So, the line will be changed from

displayable="no" returnable="yes">

displayable="yes" returnable="yes">

Highlighted the text in bold that will be changed to new value. After making
the above change, save file and close the text editor.

ivana.kvaka Mon, 11/08/2010 - 04:28

This process you've sent, is it for installing or deinstalling patch? And patch is 4.1.4 or 4.1.5?

thank you,

This Discussion