cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

desktop agent (v7) error resource device is off

tonym
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to change the phone for one of my helpdesk reps.  We are switching him from a 7940 to a 7960.  All of the same lines are setup on both phones.  When he attempts to log into the desktop agent (v7) and use the new phone he gets an error stating resource device is off.  I've verified the new phone is associated with the rmjtapi user and that the IPCC extension is still correct.  Do I have to remove the 7940 from call manager before he can use the 7960?

agent.png

3 Replies 3

vairamo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tony,

1.Yes, under route plan report in call manager make sure is not more than one entry (which should be for 7960) and delete the entry with 7940 which eliminate the shared line

2. Make sure the user id associated with the 7960 MAC address

3. Make sure Allo control of device from CTI checked

4. Reset the phone from the call manager phone page and then try login

regards

Mohan

mpence111
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that we are moving from a 7942 to a 9951 phone and getting the same error when trying to go to read mode. When I move them back to the 7942 it works fine but when I put them back to the 9951 I get the Resource's Device is off. We are on Call Manager 9.1 and Contact Center Express 9.0. Made sure all the settings are correct and the only issue is with the 9951 phone. If I use any other phone it works fine.

mpence111,

Were you able to resolve your issue with the 9951 phone?  We are moving from 7961 phones to 8841 phones, and are seeing the exact same CAD issues.  Additionally, we cannot get the BIB recording to work on the 8841.

TAC has been slow in it's response, and we're getting desperate for some resolution.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: