cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure an ASA 5510 to route VPN client traffic back out through a tunnel?

RICK SCHROEDER
Level 1
Level 1

What must be done to allow user traffic to come in from a remote user (using a Cisco VPN client on their latp) via the ASA's Outside interface and then have that traffic turn around and go back out via an ASP's VPN tunnel on that same outside interface?

I'm moving VPN clients and ASPs' branch office tunnels to a new Cisco ASA 5510.  The clients work fine, the tunnels to branch ASP sites work fine.  But home users who connect to this 5510 via the Cisco VPN client isn't getting their pings or traceroutes or applications to ASP's that are in the branch office tunnels.

Inside my network, I can ping & traceroute to the ASP's devices through the tunnels.  I can also ping & trace to home users via their VPN client connections.

Somewhere I'm missing something in the ASA that will allow the home user to ping & trace to the ASP via the VPN tunnel to the ASP.

Yours,

Rick S.

1 Reply 1

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Rick,

This docuemnt should help you with that.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00807f9a89.shtml#newra

Let me know if it helps!!

Thanks and Regards,

Prapanch