LMS 4.0 was released on September 22, 2010. It is available for download and on DVD. As part of the release, we are hosting a series of webinars for our customers and partners. These webinars will give you a chance to interact with product management and technical marketing resources. In case any of you missed my blog post, some of the new features in LMS include:
Monitoring and Troubleshooting -
Quickly and proactively identify and fix network problems before they affect end users or service
- Centralized fault and event (consolidated, syslog, traps, and events and alarms)
- SNMP–based polling to identify availability and performance issues
- Integration with Cisco NAM for detailed performance analysis and troubleshooting
Configuration Management -
Configuration backup, software image management, compliance, change management required to maintain and update network devices
- Cisco best practices configuration templates, deploy full or partial configurations based on Cisco validated design recommendations.
- Dynamic guided workflows reduce chance for errors.
- Extensible configuration library, new updates, and configuration templates can easily be downloaded from Cisco.com.
Work Centers -
End-to-end “lifecycle” management of Cisco value-added technologies
- Deployment, monitoring, and management of EnergyWise, TrustSec/Identity, Auto Smartports, Smart Install.
- Getting started workflows provide simplified configuration and setup of infrastructure for supporting Cisco technologies.
Dashboards provide up-to-date status on configuration, inventory, and monitoring for troubleshooting purposes.
LMS 4.0 is a major update, and will require a new license for existing 2.x and 3.x customers. You will be able to migrate your data from LMS 2.6 and 3.x to 4.0. If you want to try LMS 4.0 before you buy, download the 90-day evaluation copy and and check it out. Be sure to read through the documentation before you get started to make sure you get the most out of your LMS 4.0 experience.
Install and Upgrade : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11200/prod_installation_guides_list.html