Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN vs LAN Access

heyrusso7
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Looking for some information on setting up some security on a buinsess class router (specifically:  RV016) to allow WAN access to only a certain IP range.   (without having to assign the workstation static IP address..)   MAC filerting of some sort comes to mind, but it doesn't look like this router can do that...which is odd in my opinion...

Any insight on how I could do this?  Or do i have to step up to enterprise class type router...

Thanks!

Mike.

1 Reply 1

TiagoRebelo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I didn´t tested the equipment, but i think its configurations are made in web interface. ( I think you can add access lists on the web gui of this router model)

You can create access lists and associate to the outbond interface (WAN interface) to only permit the subnet that is able to connect to wan and deny the rest of the hosts.

To get a easy management create vlans with DHCP pools to isolate the hosts with access from the hosts that you don´t want access to WAN, and associate the vlans in the switch ports.

In this way you don´t need host static IP addresses

Best Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco