Views
Helpful
Replies

vg248 unable to call

c.marcillat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a CCM 4.2(3) with a VG248. Recently, the VG248 died so i changed it, and since i can receive calls but i can't call (internal or external) .

But the configuration and the binaries are the same than the older gateway .

Have you got an idea ?

Thanks,

Best regards,

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you the end user? If so, recommend you locate a reputable consultant, or certified cisco partner to troubleshoot the problem.

Hi,

i'm not a end user, i am a consultant but the problem is very strange and i don't find a solution !

Thanks

In any case it's impossible to help you, as you did not give any actual information about the problem, and did not took any trace.

I have exactly the same problem like this :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3188036#3188036

THanks,

So when you pick the analog phone do you get a dialtone?

If you do - when you try to dial digits do you get a fast busy or any annoucement saying the call cannot be completed as dialed?

Cheers!

Hi,

I haven't a dial tone, it's strange, it's continuing tone, im sorry for my english but i don't know how to describe this .

It's not a normal dial tone . And when i tried to dial digits nothing happened, as if the digits are not "heard" by the CCM.

I don't know if I am clear ...

Thank you !

Best regards,

This could be a bad phone, cabling, config issue or a bad VG248 port. It will be best to open a TAC case so that the engineer can investigate in detail.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: