Views
Helpful
Replies

About Anyconnect SSL VPN User License/Single Device

laowu5017
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I noticed that there is a new entry in DCT for ASA VPN options: Anyconnect SSL VPN User /Single Device.

Could you please give some explanations about it?

Also, what's the difference between the above and 'AnyConnect Essential License'?

Rgds,

-Dave

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AnyConnect Essential license only supports AnyConnect (SSL full tunnel mode). It does not support WebVPN (Clientless SSL VPN) and all the advance SSL VPN feature like CSD, etc. This is a one off license, and it supports the maximum AnyConnect users supported by the ASA model platform.

The other license is AnyConnect Premium license. It supports all the SSL VPN feature, ie: WebVPN (Clientless SSL VPN), AnyConnect (tunnel mode SSL VPN) and all the SSL advance feature. This is a user based license, and you can purchase it in the increment of 10, 25, 50, 100, etc. user license.

Here is a little more information on the SSL license on ASA for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/prod_brochure0900aecd80402e39_ns347_Networking_Solutions_Brochure.html

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks, Halijenn.

Just make sure that you said "AnyConnect Premium license"=="AnyConnect SSL VPN User License/Single Device", correct?

From the doc you suggested, I think the answer is true. Pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks,

-Dave

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: