Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CAT4500 Support EEM 3.0?

rock981119
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All:

I Wanna config EEM combine with Track, Doc indicate that EEM must be 3.0, Can CAT4500 support EEM 3.0?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, the track ED is not available, but you can still integrate EEM with Object Tracking via the syslog ED.  When a tracked object goes down, a TRACKING-5-STATE message will be generated.  EEM can then trigger off of that:

event manager applet track-down

event syslog pattern "TRACKING-5-STATE: 1 .* Up->Down"

This will trigger when track 1 transitions to down.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

On the Cisco EEM official page, they announce that the latest version is 3.0 and then in the compatibility product field:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6555/ps6815/datasheet_c78-492444.html

Product Compatibility

EEM is available for the  Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches, Cisco Integrated Services Routers,  Cisco 7200 Series Routers, Cisco 7300 Series Routers, Cisco 7600 Series  Routers, Cisco 10000 Series Routers; EEM is also available for the Cisco  Catalyst 4500 Series Switches and the Cisco Catalyst 3700 Series  Switches and the ASR-1000 Series Routers; please refer to the Cisco IOS  Feature Navigator for the latest device support information

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Calin

Thx Calin  reply.

I check from the Cisco 'Software Advisor', Cat4500 maybe just support EEM 2.0.

I cannot check with software adivsor, as you didn't gave us any details about your hardware (model, SUP...)

Calin

Thx u.

Our platform is C4503,SUP-6,Any IOS.

Regards

Rock.

Indeed, if I check with Software Advisor and select your hardware, it show only EEM 2.0, so I did a little test.

I've change your platform with another one (C6500, SUP720) and there is show that it support EEM 2.4, so not 3.0. I tried another platform and the same.

According to the link in my first post, this platforms should support 3.0, so either Software Advisor is not updated, or that link is not having all the information.

Can you check to see if your hardware support EEM 3.0?

Calin

Software Advisor is not update, 12.2(54)SG supports EEM 3.2. However, track option is not there.

4500(config-applet)#do sh event manager ver
Embedded Event Manager Version 3.20
Component Versions:
eem: (v320_backlog)1.1.7
eem-gold: (v320_throttle)1.0.4
eem-call-home: (v320_throttle)1.0.4
Event Detectors:
Name                Version   Node        Type 

4500(config-applet)#event ?
  application         Application specific event
  cli                 CLI event
  config              Configuration policy event
  counter             Counter event
  env                 Environmental event
  gold                GOLD event
  identity            Identity event
  interface           Interface event
  ioswdsysmon         IOS WDSysMon event
  mat                 MAC address table event
  neighbor-discovery  Neighbor Discovery event
  none                Manually run policy event
  oir                 OIR event
  rf                  Redundancy Facility event
  routing             Routing event
  snmp                SNMP event
  snmp-notification   SNMP Notification Event
  snmp-object         SNMP object event
  syslog              Syslog event
  tag                 event tag identifier
  timer               Timer event

HTH,

Lei Tian

No, the track ED is not available, but you can still integrate EEM with Object Tracking via the syslog ED.  When a tracked object goes down, a TRACKING-5-STATE message will be generated.  EEM can then trigger off of that:

event manager applet track-down

event syslog pattern "TRACKING-5-STATE: 1 .* Up->Down"

This will trigger when track 1 transitions to down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco