How to use 2 ISP links on ASA 5510 ?

Answered Question

Hello All,

I am having ASA 5510 on my site. I am also having 2 ISP links. the one link i want to use only for Internet surfing & other ISP link i want to use for VPN connection.

Can anyone tell me how to do that ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jennifer Halim about 6 years 3 months ago

Which VPN are you going to use the other ISP link for? It can only be used for static lan-to-lan vpn because you know the ip address hence you can configure static route for the peer address towards your ISP second link.

For remote access vpn or dynamic lan-to-lan, it would not work if the second ISP link is actually connected directly to the ASA, as ASA does not support default route being pointed out off 2 ASA interfaces.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jennifer Halim Mon, 09/27/2010 - 02:25

Which VPN are you going to use the other ISP link for? It can only be used for static lan-to-lan vpn because you know the ip address hence you can configure static route for the peer address towards your ISP second link.

For remote access vpn or dynamic lan-to-lan, it would not work if the second ISP link is actually connected directly to the ASA, as ASA does not support default route being pointed out off 2 ASA interfaces.

Jennifer Halim Mon, 09/27/2010 - 03:10

For internet browsing:

route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

For site-to-site VPN:

route <255.255.255.255>

route

Hope that helps.

r.kukreja Mon, 09/27/2010 - 03:12

just nat your network

nat inside 1 ip range of lan  and mask

global(outside)1 interface to which isp is connected

Actions