cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the " character in a to be executed command (EMM)

Vanriel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I ran against a small challange building a feature in a EMM based menu.

I would like to have an user to change the number dialed in a chat-script but the chat-script command uses the character " in it's command.

The same character " is also used to mark the beginning and the end in the <IOSExecCommand> and the <IOSConfigCommand>.

When executing the feature it give's an error message back stating: EMM TCL Error: extra characters after close-quot.

Which is not weird because there are a lot of " in the command line and normally you can put multiple command-lines in a single ExecCommand - or ConfigCommand line to mark the beginning and the end of a single command-line.

According to TCL language script you could write the character " as \" or \\" but neither one of them does the trick to make it work.

The ConfigCommand I want to execute looks like this:

<IOSConfigCommand>"no chat-script internet " "chat-script internet "" "ATDT*98*2#" TIMEOUT 60 CONNECT"</IOSConfigCommand>

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

I'm kind of stuck with it.

Kind regards,

Jorn van Riel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Instead of using IOSConfigCommand, use EmbeddedTCL instead.  For example:

ios_config "no chat-script internet" {chat-script internet "" "ATDT*98*2#" TIMEOUT 60 CONNECT}

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Instead of using IOSConfigCommand, use EmbeddedTCL instead.  For example:

ios_config "no chat-script internet" {chat-script internet "" "ATDT*98*2#" TIMEOUT 60 CONNECT}

Hi Joseph,

Thank you very much for your answer, I have tested it and it works the way it should now.

Kind regards,

Jorn van Riel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: