cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the " character in a to be executed command (EMM)

Vanriel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I ran against a small challange building a feature in a EMM based menu.

I would like to have an user to change the number dialed in a chat-script but the chat-script command uses the character " in it's command.

The same character " is also used to mark the beginning and the end in the <IOSExecCommand> and the <IOSConfigCommand>.

When executing the feature it give's an error message back stating: EMM TCL Error: extra characters after close-quot.

Which is not weird because there are a lot of " in the command line and normally you can put multiple command-lines in a single ExecCommand - or ConfigCommand line to mark the beginning and the end of a single command-line.

According to TCL language script you could write the character " as \" or \\" but neither one of them does the trick to make it work.

The ConfigCommand I want to execute looks like this:

<IOSConfigCommand>"no chat-script internet " "chat-script internet "" "ATDT*98*2#" TIMEOUT 60 CONNECT"</IOSConfigCommand>

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

I'm kind of stuck with it.

Kind regards,

Jorn van Riel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Instead of using IOSConfigCommand, use EmbeddedTCL instead.  For example:

ios_config "no chat-script internet" {chat-script internet "" "ATDT*98*2#" TIMEOUT 60 CONNECT}

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Instead of using IOSConfigCommand, use EmbeddedTCL instead.  For example:

ios_config "no chat-script internet" {chat-script internet "" "ATDT*98*2#" TIMEOUT 60 CONNECT}

Hi Joseph,

Thank you very much for your answer, I have tested it and it works the way it should now.

Kind regards,

Jorn van Riel