Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate Location Object in Network Delivery Locations Unity 7.0.2

timothy.lau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently we run the DBWalker and have the following error shows.

Alias=AMIS to CallPilot

Display name=AMIS to HK CallPilot

Extension= 700931

1233:(error) the extension number for this object conflicts with one or more objects in the directory

All objects found to be using extension #700931:

Location Object with a display name=AMIS to HK CallPilot

Location Object with a display name=AMIS to HK CallPilot

Checking cross box transfer and login tables

We confirmed that there are duplicate records in the Unity - Network -> Delivery Locations. However, when I select one of the entries under the Delivery Locations, it doesn't allow me to delete, and it prompts an error on top of the right hand corner "Microsoft VBScript Runtime error ‘800a0005’", while if I select another one, it shows normal and can edit, or modify the details inside.

I saw some of the post shown in this forum saying that we can get into the SQL Enterprise Management tools to get rid of the stuff by our own.

I have searched around and found that one of the Table in the Database called - dbo.GlobalLocation contains the records. So is that the correct path to delete? Besides that, what other TABLES or other objects need to be deleted from this Unity or Active Directory?

Regards,

Timothy Lau

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Timothy,

You are correct, the GlobalLocation table in SQL will need to have the duplicate/incorrect location row deleted.  However, keep in mind that if Active Directory has the duplicate location stored, Unity will just synchronize that back into the database.  Check in AD (make sure you View>Advanced Features) in Active Directory Users and Computers and navigate to the (default) location of Unity>Locations.  There you'll see your Unity servers combined with any networking locations that have been configured.  If the duplicate/incorrect location is there, you'll want to delete it from there as well as SQL so it doesn't come back.

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Timothy,

You are correct, the GlobalLocation table in SQL will need to have the duplicate/incorrect location row deleted.  However, keep in mind that if Active Directory has the duplicate location stored, Unity will just synchronize that back into the database.  Check in AD (make sure you View>Advanced Features) in Active Directory Users and Computers and navigate to the (default) location of Unity>Locations.  There you'll see your Unity servers combined with any networking locations that have been configured.  If the duplicate/incorrect location is there, you'll want to delete it from there as well as SQL so it doesn't come back.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: