Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am running CME 8.0 and CUE 7.0. I am using Cisco IP Phone.

For one of my extensions, i need calls coming from outside to be transfered to certain extension but at the same time i can be able to receive internal calls.

Please let know how i can accoumplish this task.

Regards,

Malik.

8 Replies 8

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's not really clear what you are trying to achieve.  Please be more descriptive as to what you are trying to achieve.  It wouldn't

hurt to also post your current config and note how the external calls are coming in to your network.

The OP has clearly stated what he wants:

calls coming from outside to be transfered to certain extension but at the same time i can be able to receive internal calls.

This is is done with the command "no forward local-calls" under ephone-dn.

Dear Palao,

Thanks for your reply. I tired your command mentioned in your post but it does not work.

You can find my attached config.

I will be very grateful to you.

Regards,

Malik.

Sorry, if doesn't work, you need to contact the TAC.

p.bevilacqua wrote:

The OP has clearly stated what he wants:

See Paolo, this is why I asked for a more clear problem description earlier.  The original descritpion had awkward grammar, and it wasn't clear what they were ultimately trying to achieve.  That's why I wanted the poster to clarify before I approached an answer.  And that's why your command didn't resolve what the customer was looking to do, because the original problem description was not what you thought it was.

The suggestion you gave prevents an ephone-dn from being able to forward to another hop.  See the documentation for the command:

When the no forward local-calls command is used in ephone-dn configuration mode, internal calls to that ephone-dn are not forwarded if the ephone-dn is busy or does not answer. If the ephone-dn is busy, the caller hears a busy signal. If the ephone-dn does not answer, the caller hears a ringback signal. The call is not forwarded even if call forwarding is enabled for the ephone-dn.

The OP wants to be able to restrict AA->CME calls in to a specific ephone, not control ephone call forwarding.  You wouldn't use that command to do what the OP wants.  Hence, in my opinion, that low rating is potentially warranted since your solution wasn't accurate for what the customer was doing.  There isn't a reason for *you* to 'vent' on the public forum about your low score for that, either.

Now to the original solution.  Since the calls come into the AA, the transfer is going to be from CUE towards the ephone-dn.  To restrict CUE from transferring to specific ephones, the easiest way is to configure COR lists.  You will apply an inbound COR list to the CUE dial-peer, and an outbound COR list to your ephone-DNs.  Make sure you run 'debug voip ccapi inout' so that you know what inbound peer is being matched when CUE does the transfer to the CME extension.

Something like this should work:

dial-peer cor custom

name restricted

dial-peer cor list no-cue-ephone

name from-cue

dial-peer cor list restricted

name restricted

dial-peer voice x voip

desc CUE inbound peer

corlist incoming no-cue-ephone

ephone-dn X

corlist outgoing restricted

Apply the restricted corlist to any ephone-dn that you don't want to be able to transfer to.  If the calling or called peer doesn't have a corlist, the call will succeed.  You can read more about cor lists here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

-Steve

Dear Steven,

As i mentioned in my earlier post that i am running CME & CUE.

There is on extension on which i dont want to receive external calls/outside calls but at same time i should be able to make a call at local extentions and outside.

Please let me know how i can accomplish this task.I have also attached the current config.

Call flow is in such a way that there is a Auto Attendent at CUE all the outside calls are picked by the Auto Attendent and then you can dial the extension.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Regards,

Malik.

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

if you were pretty sure thatthe  command will gona work then y did u post it...

by the way thanks for your information...

I know about TAC...

vpreenja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Malik,

You can achive this by applying the translation profile at the incoming dial-peer and translate the number there itself to wherever you want to send the external calls to. Eg. you have a 4 digit number 4242 where you want to receive the internal calls but at the same time if anybody from outside calls at this numbers DID lets  say - 408-313-4242, you want to send the call to 4244, make a translation profile that convert 4242 to 4244 ( assuming that you are receiving only 4 digits inside from telco) and apply that translation profile at the incoming pots dial-peer.

Tranlsation profile will look like below:

voice translation rule 1

rule 1 /4242/ 4244/

voice translation profile test

translate called 1

Now lets say that we are hitting incoming dial-peer number 10, Then apply the created translation profile on this dial-peer like below:

dial-peer voice 10 pots

translation profile incoming 10

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: