Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate dtmf? through vg224

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

Good morning,

We have added an billing application, driven by dtmf. it is a vg224 analog switch connected to a dialogic analog gw, that pulls the billing info from the as400, the application is "Inspire-telephony intergration s/w". We are having very, very inconsistent test results and really the vendor has not been able to identify the issue..we on one call will be ok, the next call digits are not recognized, and on the next call double digits are played back. i can plug s/l phone in to 224 dial and answer, and really cannot hear any duplicate digits, i know that probably not the best test but at this time and lack of test equipmaent is all i have.

The vendor seems to think its a cisco related issue, but is unable to show me where the problem resides. if anyone has ran into this please let me know. i have seen posts regarding adding the mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec etc, command which i have added and still the issue happens.

Any thoughts??

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is a problem with earlier 12.4.15T code involving in band tone leakage at the start of the DTMF detection process on the DSP. This is described in Cisco bug CSCso87127, fixed in DSP firmware bundle 9.4.7 that was integrated in IOS version 12.4.15T8.

It looks like your 3845 is running 12.4.15T5 so you would be exposed.

Try upgrading the code on the gateways to the latest 12.4.15T release. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you provide a call flow for these calls? How is the VG224 configured to relay DTMF? Can you provide the running configuration?

-Felipe

basic call flow, callers will call our main #'s., hit our uccx ivr, press a key to pay bill by phone, which translates into 8 fxs port huntgroup, all config done via gw in ccm. eight ports connect to an 8 port dialogic g/w which in turn connects to a port in the as400. the as400 has its own scripting added to privide differnt policy options,i have attached config of vg224, there is not much there.

Thank you!!

How does the call enter into your voip environment (ISDN, SIP)? How does the gateway integration with CUCM (MGCP, H.323, SIP)? Can you provide

the running configuration of that gateway?

-Felipe

Felipe,

It is isdn, mgcp..over to the vg224..i have included snapshots. thank you..have you heard of this..or does not this seem to be a straight forward analog intergration?

There is a problem with earlier 12.4.15T code involving in band tone leakage at the start of the DTMF detection process on the DSP. This is described in Cisco bug CSCso87127, fixed in DSP firmware bundle 9.4.7 that was integrated in IOS version 12.4.15T8.

It looks like your 3845 is running 12.4.15T5 so you would be exposed.

Try upgrading the code on the gateways to the latest 12.4.15T release. 

Thanks,

I will give that a shot. Hopefuuly it solves thye issue. as we have other applications that do not have the issue, only on the vf224.. but....Thank you!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: