Automatic Conference Creation

Unanswered Question
Sep 27th, 2010

Hello folks,

One of my customers has the requirement to have conferencing automatically created on an emergency line.

The scenareo is that the customer is a Hospital.  They have an emergency number - 2222.  Currently, when 2222 is called, all 4 operator phones ring and when the call is answered both parties are palced into a conference.  When a third person calls, they are also placed into the SAME conference.  For example, if there has been a fire, a call will come in, operator will answer and then up to 20 people could join the same call having all dialled 2222,  This is done this way as only a single operator works at night and may need to answer seeral emergency calls.

I am not sure of the best way to acheive this with Call Manager.

My thoughts so far have been:-

MeetMe number constantly in use - But this would not ring the phones when a call comes in

Boradcast hunt group - But this would not cater for the single operator on at night

TCL script on a gateway - But this cannot set up a MeetMe conference

Script in UCCX - But this cannot set up a MeetMe conference

I was thinking along the lines of having a hunt pilot of 2222, having the polit try the MeetMe number, if it was not answering, hit a TCL or UCCX script to set up a conference and then subsiquent calls would hit the MeetMe.

Any thoughts on what we could do here or any thrid party product that would meet the needs?

LH

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content