cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reader LED Stays Green

ajuarez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a reader that the LED stys green, it will grant access but the reader never changes from green to red, I have moved the reader to another gateway and the reader works on that gateway, and other readers have same problem on this gateway

3 Replies 3

zespolnaa
Level 1
Level 1

I have some problems with my router once - it's LED stays red all the time regardless of the device's work. Maybe some short circuit?

It kind of sounds like the Usage Profile under the door template that you used.  You can specify how the LED operates under different circumstances (Grant Access, Deny Access, Mode open, etc).

Try editing the door with the reader you are having problems with, select the "Usage Profile" menu item, then check the values that show up to the right.  If they all say "Solid Red" you can change them there.

If that doesn't look like the problem then perhaps the wiring for the status LED on the reader is incorrect.

Good luck.

I have seen the LED control circuit on gateways and reader modules get damaged when the reader is hot plugged onto the gateway or reader module.  If you measure the voltage between pins 9 and 5 on the reader connection (reader 1 or single 10 wire) you should see 0 volts when the LED is green, and 5 volts when the LED is red.  For the second reader it would be between pins 9 and 4.  If the profile is setup correctly, but the module is not putting the right voltage on the noted pins, then the module would need to be replaced in order to get the LED working again.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: