Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect

Does anyone know how and where to change the name in the connect to box from the anyconnect client. I know there is a way but cannot find it.

5 Replies 5

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client\Profile

In the XML profile, you can change the name.

What if we are not using a XML file. Can it still be done.

the other place is

C:\Documents and Settings\kwu2\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client

check "preferences.xml".

Can you do it on ASDM so that when the client is downloaded it will put the name in the box.  Can it be done there instead. ?

If you would like to do it from ASA side by using ASDM, you have to create a client profile. When the client is connected to ASA, the profile will be pushed to the client.

The "connect to" should be populated from the client profile.

Per your previous post, you did not use client profile, I believe the current name in "connect to" box is the last host you successfully connected with. This name is saved in "preferences.xml" as I mentioned before. It could not be changed from ASA side but it only keeps the last host. So, if you can connect to the same host with a different name, the name in "preferences.xml" should be changed automatically.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: