cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoiceView Express UC560 Issue - Authentication error when trying to listen

finalconnect
Level 3
Level 3

I have a new UC560 with the 8.0.4 software pack. We are having an authentication error when a user tries to play a voice mail message in voiceview express. The odd thing is the user can log into voice view express without issue and browse the voice mail box without issue. The "login authentication error" appears on the phone screen when they try to "play" a message. This is occuring for all users.

Anyone have any thoughts?

6 Replies 6

Benjamin Story
Level 5
Level 5

Did you find a solution?

Hi, I have seen issues when there is no pin set and or the enrolment process for the mailbox hasn’t been completed and a new pin specified.

Hope this helps.

Craig.

We've got the pin set and have enrolled the users but it still won't play.

Can I answer my own question and get credit for the correct answer on this site?

Anyway, it is another bug with an older CCA and software pack that for some unknown reason makes the url services and url authentication urls different...depending upon your version, it might show something different, but both need to be pointing to the same base url - in the above failure, one was pointing to 10.1.10.2 instead of 10.1.10.1.

Hope this helps your issue.

url services

http://10.1.10.1/voiceview/common/login.do

url authentication

http://10.1.10.1/voiceview/authentication/authenticate.do

It was something similar in my case as well.  It was a CCA misconfiguration where it had CUE trying to authenticate back to the phones as if they had username/passwords on them.

ajahangi
Level 1
Level 1

Please try this:

On CME:

========

telephony-service
authentication credential [your username] [your password]

On CUE

========

se-10-50-10-125(config)# site name local

se-10-50-10-125(config-site)# phone authentication   username [your username] password [your password]

Note: Both usernames and passwords have to match. Let me know if that works!!! Hope it helps.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: