Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 - Customer is migrating Exchange Partner Server to Exchange 2007

mgear
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I hope somone can assist in my dilemma.

I have a customer that is currently runnning Unity 7 (no failover), with a partner server (exchange) running 2003.

The customer is looking to upgrade their 2003 Exchange partner server to Exchage 2007.

I have reviewed the Unity 5.x documentation, but am only really seeing guidance on a new install (of Unity) and the declarations for OAB for "lgeacy clients".  On Exchange 2007.

This I understand, but I am not sure what the proper prgression would be for Unity to incorporate itself into the new Exchange 2007 environement.  I have installed NEW Unity 7 into 2007, but never when the partner server upgrades and that's it.  Can someone assist?

Thank You,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is the link you probably need:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge050.html

This is part of the Unity 7 upgrade guide, specifically how to change partner exchange server.

As a general approach, I would rather build a new exchange server and then migrate the user profiles over rather than simply upgrade the existing exchange - this method gives some rollback cover both for exchange and unity.

Regards, Ash.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

This is the link you probably need:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge050.html

This is part of the Unity 7 upgrade guide, specifically how to change partner exchange server.

As a general approach, I would rather build a new exchange server and then migrate the user profiles over rather than simply upgrade the existing exchange - this method gives some rollback cover both for exchange and unity.

Regards, Ash.

Thank You Ashley,

This is exactly what I was wlooking for....

Many Thanks!