cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viking C-2000B

refram
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Viking C-2000B door entry system.  I'm using CUCM 7.1(3b)SU2 and a 2821 ISR with 4 FXO ports and a 12(4)3T IOS.  The Viking is connected to one of the FXO ports.  I am using MGCP for control of 2 T1 PRIs on the ISR, but there are no configurations for the FXOs on the router within MGCP (although there used to be when we were originally messing with this).  Everything that has to do with the FXOs is H.323 at the moment.  I have created a PLAR connection on the voice-port and a voip dial-peer with a destination pattern of the PLAR number.  This dial-peer points the number to CUCM.  It is also the ONLY dial-peer on the ISR (H.323 or MGCP).  I didn't forget my h323-gateway configurations on the interface that CUCM uses for communication.

When I press the button on the Viking unit, the phone that's supposed to ring gives about a half a ring and the device immediately hangs up.  It does this 5 times until the device finally gives up.

Apparently no one on the planet has tried to install this besides me, and I'm at a loss.  Any ideas?  Can anyone prove that I'm a liar and say that they've installed it successfully?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take the door hardware out of the mix for a minute and just use an analog phone. Then you will have a whole bunch of people who will feel confident helping you. I guess my first questions is why mix H.323 and MGCP here? You can make your life and troubleshooting easier here by simplifying things. Configure the analog ports under MGCP (I say this only because the MGCP debugs are easier to read) and see who tears down the call: UCM or the gateway.

I actually tried doing it with all MGCP at first, but it behaved the same way that it does now.  H.323 was simply what was used by the only person I have found who has successfully set up a system that is kind of like this one.  I can tell you that the people who wired up the actual unit have no idea how it works.  They did, however, tell me that they had a successful test with a butt set.  I wasn't in the room when they performed the test, so I don't know quite what they did.  I do know that when they were done they made a mad dash out the door.

I got this to work.  I used MGCP and set the Attendant DN on CUCM as the number that I wanted the unit to call.  On the voice gateway I went to the voice port connected to the unit and set a "connection plar" to the number that I wanted ther unit to call.

Turns out the real problem was that the cable coming from the unit and going to the voice gateway was crimped incorrectly.  The wires had to be connected to pins 2 and 3 in the RJ11.  Polarity didn't matter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: