cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore CUCMBE from Back up question

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All, I have a back up question. It looks like our installation of CUCMBE has a bad hard drive or system board. Long story short, Cisco was not specific so they are sending me both to replace. I have taken a back up via the Disaster Recovery System. I plan on installing the new hardware and re-installing the CUCMBE then install the back up.  The version I have on CD is 6.1(2) and the current version on the server is 6.1.3.2000-1.

After I install 6.1(2) should I upgrade to 6.1.3.2000-1 or will my back up install to that version?

I've never had to do this so I'm a little nervous on what to expect. Is the back up from the Disaster Recovery System the only back up I need?  Does anyone have any pointers for this process, any recomendations are appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can only restore a backup to the same version it was taken from.

This means you'll have to download the version you run now from CCO if you don't have the disk available. The download however will not be bootable.

This means you would need to:

1) Boot the repaired system from the 6.1.2 media

2) Start the install, and when asked whether you would like 'to install a patch' as part of the install, select Yes.

3) When prompted, point the server at either an SFTP server containing the downloaded ISO (see the release notes for instructions on how to merge the two halves of the download into one ISO) or burn the ISO to DVD and insert it in the server.

4) The install will then complete, and you'll end up with the 6.1.3.2000-1 version running that you can restore your backup to.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can only restore a backup to the same version it was taken from.

This means you'll have to download the version you run now from CCO if you don't have the disk available. The download however will not be bootable.

This means you would need to:

1) Boot the repaired system from the 6.1.2 media

2) Start the install, and when asked whether you would like 'to install a patch' as part of the install, select Yes.

3) When prompted, point the server at either an SFTP server containing the downloaded ISO (see the release notes for instructions on how to merge the two halves of the download into one ISO) or burn the ISO to DVD and insert it in the server.

4) The install will then complete, and you'll end up with the 6.1.3.2000-1 version running that you can restore your backup to.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks, Aaron....the restore went just as you stated!

Dan